You might also want to read: What is a “now page”?
- I started participating in #100DaysToOffload on December 1. #100DaysToOffload “challenge[s] people to publish 100 posts on their personal blog in a year.” I’m posting these entries to Write.as, a blogging platform with its foundations in free software and a respect for privacy.
- I left Mastodon for a few weeks before creating a new account as @firstname.lastname@example.org on December 29.
What I’m reading
Schenwar, M., Macaré, J., & Price, A. Y. (Eds.). (2016). Who do you serve, who do you protect?: Police violence and resistance in the United States. Haymarket Books.
What I plan to read next
Simmons, A. S. (Ed.). (2019). Love WITH accountability: Digging up the roots of child sexual abuse. AK Press.
What I’m working on in my free time
Where I’m at professionally
I started work at a public elementary school as a part-time general aide and substitute teacher.
In previous months
- I wrote my first “personal” post on November 2, where I describe leaving Cloudflare and GitLab Pages.
- I’m back to volunteering as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) as of November 4.
- I joined Mastodon (@email@example.com) on November 5.
- I posted the privacy and security policy for this website on November 8.
- I wrote a new “Start” page on November 11; it’s now more of a landing page. There is an image of the old index page at the bottom of this post.
- I added the “Now” page (what you’re currently reading) on November 11.